The Children‘s Ministry Development Worker (CMDW) role is to recommend a sustainable children’s ministry system (including both physical and digital platforms) to the Board of Directors, and to support, train and encourage current volunteers and potential future volunteers.
Overview of Church and Community
Mimico Baptist Church is in the southwest part of Toronto in a neighbourhood with 2 elementary schools nearby. It is a suburb of Toronto with a diverse range socio-economically and ethnically. The church was planted in 1920 and currently has an average attendance of approx. 50 people in addition to a growing Mandarin-speaking ministry.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
A community of Christ sharing Christ with our communities.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be able to articulate his/her Christian Faith and Theology.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of professional and/or volunteer experience in Children’s Ministry in a church setting.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to effectively manage a team of volunteers.
- Must adhere to the distinctives, ordinances and practices of the Baptist Church.
- Must be able to obtain a cleared Criminal Record Check with (if applicable) Vulnerable Sector Scan.
- A formal educational background related to children’s ministry, education or child/youth worker studies is an asset.
- A valid G license is an asset.
Role and Responsibilities
- Research and present a comprehensive overview of the current/recent status of children’s ministry including (but not limited to) Children’s Church, Friday Night Kids Ministry and Holiday Club.
- Research best practices for congregations of a similar context to Mimico Baptist Church to be delivered both with in-person and digital platforms. This can include (but not limited to) trial runs of different children’s ministry programs.
- Support, train and encourage current Children’s Ministry volunteers and any future volunteers.
- Give direction (including curriculum selection) to the Children’s Church and Friday Night Mandarin Kids programs.
- Submit a written report to the Board of Directors outlining a sustainable children’s ministry system by March 31, 2021.
- Under the approval by the Board of Directors, implement the system recommendations.
- Systems analysis and implementation
- Volunteer care, training, recruitment
Submit resume/CV to Alvin Lau (email@example.com) by August 14, 2020.
Mimico Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.