Work within a team setting to oversee and develop our growing Young Life Division (YLD) ministries, with a focus on children from birth to grade 6.
Overview of Church and Community
Currently the church has a team of pastoral staff and 1100+ congregants across four Divisions: English (200+ people), Mandarin (200+ people), Cantonese (550+ people) and Young Life Division (150+ people). The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
• Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological
• Pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture preferred
• Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Chinese is an asset
• Strong computer and technological skills.
• Be a team player and cooperate with other Divisional pastors for ministry alignment and
Role and Responsibilities
• Oversee the spiritual needs of children from birth to grade 6
• Work with the Youth Pastor to develop YLD ministries on Sunday mornings and on weeknights for
children/youth from birth to grade 9
• Develop and motivate leaders
• Preach regularly in the children services
• Teach Sunday School
• Select and review curriculum materials and educational tools
• Provide visitation and pastoral counselling; reach out to parents
• Recruit, train and coordinate various activities with volunteers
• Attend prayer meetings and ministry meetings
Deacon Richard Wong
Church Phone Number: 905-887-6222
NB: People with disabilities are welcome and will be accommodated upon successful selection.