We are seeking a Children’s Ministry Coordinator who has the passion for the next generation. Our children's ministry is a dynamic and an essential part of our service to God and the community. The role of the Children’s Ministry Coordinator is to collaborate with the pastoral and lay leadership teams to manage and oversee the children ministry.
This individual will be responsible for coordinating all programs related to children (birth to 5th grade) with the pastoral and lay leadership team. Additionally, the coordinator will help with recruitment and training volunteers for the various children's program, and coordinating special events for children’s ministry, summer programs, and family outreach.
Overview of Church and Community
Mississauga Chinese Baptist Church is a disciple making church by reaching out to seekers, nurturing one another in Christ, and being an effective witness in Mississauga. Our church community averages around 550 people each Sunday across English, Cantonese and Mandarin congregations.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Mission: MCBC exists to participate in God’s movement of making disciples of all peoples.
Vision: MCBC strives to Multiply, Connect, Build, and Care for all people to know the life transforming power of Christ and to make Christ known.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Born again Christian with love for God, has a Christ-like spirit, and actively pursuing a deepening relationship with God.
- Must have been regularly involved in ministry within their local church.
- Passion to reach out to children and to see families grow in their faith together
- Must exhibit a servant heart and positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Is creative in designing and implementing exciting activities and events that are age -appropriate.
- Works well with ministry teams and able to work independently as well
- Interested in serving across cultures
- Has teaching ability, strong communication skills, and inter-personal skills.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of people-both adults and children.
- Is comfortable leading activities and events.
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field; training from an accredited evangelical seminary preferred. (Commitment to work towards further ministry/theological training is expected)
Role and Responsibilities
- Models a Christ-like spirit and servanthood in relationships and attitudes towards children, parents and colleagues.
- Team lead for children’s ministry
- Maintains standards for nursery care and organization.
- Works in conjunction with pastoral staff to connect parents with kids and provides moments and materials for them to learn and grow together.
- Facilitate fun and engaging children’s programs with the children’s ministry team.
- Trouble-shoot any problems pertaining to children’s ministry.
- Make any purchases and coordinates any tools and materials necessary for the successful running of the children’s ministry.
- Attends and participates in relevant staff meetings.
- Strong understanding and be able to train and enforce the childcare policy.
Working knowledge of Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an asset
To apply, click here: https://forms.gle/xWg8kNaSQqG1oX2v7
The MCBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Salary starting between $33,945, to $36,023. Salary commensurate with experience and education. Employee benefit plan available.