We are seeking a student who is interested in working with children and youth at Westview Baptist Church over the summer. The position will be 35 hours per week with a planned start date of June 15th for 10 weeks. Applications are being accepted until May 24th, 2021.
Overview of Church and Community
Westview is located on the south-west corner of London and has an average Sunday attendance of 200. We are a church known as a very active church, we are friendly and welcoming, and are family oriented.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Our mission statement is summarized as “Growing spiritually in Christ through worship, fellowship and outreach.” Our vision is to see Westmount and the world flocking to Jesus Christ.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be between 15 and 30 years old since this is a government funded position
- Must have a completed Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Prefer student who plans to, or is studying in areas relating to working with children or youth
- Must have access to computer and reliable internet as employee may need to work remotely
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare for, and lead one or more weeks of church summer camp (This may be online)
- Teach and mentor volunteers of summer activities
- Plan, assist and help with youth and children’s events, activities, and be involved in church services
- Lead discussions with youth
- Lead Sunday morning children’s classes
- Plan and lead a portion of a Sunday Service involving children and youth
- Create media presentations using video or the internet to promote children and youth activities.
- Prefer experience volunteering or working with youth or children
- Prefer experience creating videos, and using online meeting platforms
- Respect basic Christian principles and Westview Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and submit to the authority therein
- Prefer First Aid and CPR Training
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Westview Baptist Church, 1000 Wonderland Rd. S; London, Ontario; N6K 3S4 or email to Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Westview Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. ***