The Cantonese Pastor in Women Ministry works within a team setting to equip the Cantonese congregation of diverse age groups, with the primary focus on nurturing and caring for female congregants.
Overview of Church and Community
Currently the church has a team of pastoral staff and 1100+ congregants across four Divisions: English (~200 people), Mandarin (~200 people), Cantonese (~600 people) and Young Life Division (~150 people). The church is strategically situated next to Hwy 404 between Major Mackenzie Drive E. and 16th Avenue in a residential area developed over the past 20 years and is expanding into the north with predominately Asian origin.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
● With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ
● Theological education: M.Div. or above from an accredited and recognized theological institution
● 5 years pastoral experience in North America of similar church size and culture preferred
● Excellent communication skills in Cantonese and English. Knowledge of Mandarin is an asset
● Accredited by or willing to seek accreditation with CBOQ
● Be a team player and cooperate with other Divisional pastors for ministry alignment and church unity
Role and Responsibilities
● Work with church leaders to recruit, train, coach and support related female ministry leaders.
● Provide support, visitation and pastoral counseling to leaders and members, specifically women, as needed.
● Contribute within a team setting to the development of the Cantonese Division and the entire church
● Be involved in teaching and prayer ministries as well as general pastoral duties
● Serve as mentor to the assigned Small Groups, shepherd Small Group Leaders, visit those groups on a regular basis and offer support and realistic help to them
● Attend prayer meetings and ministry meetings
Deacon Annie Lau
Church Phone Number: 905-887-6222
NB: People with disabilities are welcome and will be accommodated upon successful selection.