The position is Pastor of Community Worship and Prayer Ministries, with responsibilities of: leading worship, developing worship teams, recruiting and training worship leaders/musicians, coordinating our AV teams for services and video streaming, coordinating our post service prayer teams, assisting in pastoral visitation and discipleship as needed and participating/leading in church related programs and events as needed.
Renumeration for this position is in housing. The church owns a small three-bedroom parsonage (on the church property) which includes heat, hydro, water, and high-speed cable internet. It also includes four weeks per year of vacation (5 Sunday maximum). The residence is suitable for a small family (maximum 5 people). Financial renumeration may be available in the future as the successful candidate grows in their role and is entrusted with a larger scope of responsibilities.
Overview of Church and Community
Hope Community Christian Church is a vibrant growing church located in Cumberland Beach (just north of Orillia, Ontario). We are a Baptist church (Canadian Baptists of Ontario & Quebec) with charismatic and evangelical theology/practice. Our typical worship style is expressive and contemporary. Our weekly (pre-Covid) worship attendance is 120 with approximately 200 people calling the church their home. During our busy program season, we can see as many as 350 people per week in our community programming and worship services. Our online streaming worship services have a weekly viewership of 350 to 700. Cumberland itself is a bedroom community of approximately 3,000 people, with young families as the main demographic. Cumberland Beach is a suburb of Orillia (1 hour north of Toronto/GTA). The greater Orillia area has a population of approximately 75,000 people. Orillia is situated between two very large lakes. The town/city has two postsecondary institutions (Lakehead University and Georgian College). Large Employers are: OPP General Headquarters, Soldiers Memorial Hospital, Casino Rama, Kubota Metal Corporation and Ontario Hydro. The area has both a small town and city feel, with abundant recreational opportunities and a developed arts and entertainment community.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Church Mission: To connect people locally, regionally and abroad with the message, authority, and power of the Lord Jesus Christ. Church Vision: To demonstrate love for our community by restoring people to wholeness through Jesus Christ. To be a training church that empowers & equips people to serve God.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or Ministry School training or presently enrolled in Bible College/Seminary.
- Is willing to work Bi-vocationally and/or is currently a student.
- Is a born-again Christian. A person who loves the Lord and is obedient to the teaching of the Bible and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Has a heart for Jesus, and is passionate in worship and in prayer.
- Has a passion for leading people in worship and living life as a worshiper.
- Is willing to recruit, train and mentor people to serve in worship ministry.
- Has a willingness to be mentored and to support the lead pastor and the vision of the church.
- Is in agreeance with and will abide by the church doctrine statement and the church covenant.
- Is willing to submit a criminal reference/vulnerable sector Police check and complete our Child Protection Screening/Training.
- Has training in ministry (an asset), and has completed or is obtaining education through distance (or online).
- Values community outreach.
- Wants to live in a vibrant and growing small town.
Role and Responsibilities
- Will lead, train and invest in the congregation and in the surrounding community.
- Will attend weekly staff meetings and will work cooperatively with other staff and team members.
- Is flexible in their abilities to minister to the wider community through prayer ministry, evangelism and outreach.
- Is willing to do some visitation, teaching/preaching and other pastoral duties.
- Is a servant leader with organizational skills. A person who will encourage, grow and develop our worship teams. The successful candidate will be a strong team builder, who is able to work with people of different age groups.
- Plays an instrument and can play while leading worship.
- Has sound/AV experience or is willing to be developed in this area.
Please email resumes to the Search Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org . For further information about the church, visit us on our Hope Community Christian Church Facebook page or on our website. We sincerely thank everyone for your time and consideration in applying for this position, however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Hope Community Christian Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.