- Work closely with the Chairman of the current Christian Education and the team.
- Collaborate with staff in weekly meetings.
- To perform other pastoral duties as agreed upon with the Senior Pastor that will strengthen the ministry team.
- Be a key ministry confidante to the Senior Pastor and attend weekly staff and Ministry Lead team meetings.
- Stay on top of current trends and best practices in Small Group ministries so that these ministries remain vital and healthy.
- To carry out any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to
Overview of Church and Community
Mission of KBC
“Growing Community by Loving, Following and Sharing Jesus”
Vision of KBC
“Allow God to Transform KBC into a 360 Church Led by 90˚ Leaders.”
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Born again Baptized believer Organized Strategic Planner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a ministry field or equivalent. Has a calling and passion for KBC’s ministry.
- Is motivated by a vision of growing community.
- Proven high capacity leader with a pastor’s heart and has demonstrated an ability to lead, train and mentor others.
- Has a love for God’s Word and is a gifted communicator.
- Exhibits the spiritual gifts of leadership, administration and is a team builder at heart who functions out of an “Ephesians 4” equipping mindset.
- Possesses excellent skills in systems, strategies, and coaching/mentoring other leaders and volunteers.
- Has the biblical qualifications of an elder (1 Tim. 3:1-7, Tit. 1:5-9, 1 Pet. 5:1-4). Is a mature, confident, and secure leader.
- Has a desire for excellence for the glory of God.
- A self-motivated individual who is teachable and works effectively with others. A team player.
- A walk with God that is real and attracts others. Loves people - is empathetic and socially skilled.
- The ideal candidate is ordained or in the process by the CBAC. Has experience mentoring others to a deeper life in Christ.
- Given the demands of ministry, the candidate will require a flexible schedule (some evenings and most weekends).
Role and Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the Senior
- Manages and leads all volunteers serving in NextGen and Connecting Points ministries, including the NextGen and Connecting Points teams’ strategic leadership and development.
- Serves on the Ministry Lead
- Attends Board of Directors as requested.
- Be the primary “vision caster” and overall champion responsible for the growth, health and development of Connecting Points ministries, ensuring that these are in strategic alignment with KBC’s overall vision.
- Recruit and equip volunteers and volunteer leaders to assist with all discipleship programming.
- Integrated discipleship for all age brackets from toddlers to seniors.
- Create an assimilation system to help people move from visiting KBC to Loving, Following, and Sharing Jesus. This includes guest follow-up and a new members class.
- Build a team to staff the Connecting Points Center (Sundays).
- Implement Connecting Points strategies that will be a discipleship pathway for all attendees of KBC.
- Create and equip leaders to run courses that help move people along the discipleship pathway.
- Track spiritual growth through connecting points of all attendees.
- Equip leaders and strategize family community outreach activities, including four significant events per year (i.e.: Easter and Christmas).
- First Impressions ministries for all guests.
- Work with staff and leadership to create two large outreach Sundays per year. Work alongside Senior Pastor to engage 90˚Leaders in reaching out to their three contacts.
- Continually work on discovering key people to lead ministries.
- Support each of the NextGen program coordinators. (Nursery, KBC Kids, Middle School, High School, and young adults. Including Sunday morning activities).
- Be part of the ongoing vision for all NextGen programs.
- Administration of Summer student grants along with supervision and coordination of Summer programming.
Submit resume to David Creelman, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pastoral Search Committee will begin its review of applications after June 9th, 2021. Applications will be welcomed until the position has been filled.