Our Associate (Community) Pastor will be a primary liaison between Uxbridge Baptist Church (UBC) and the surrounding community. He/she will collaborate with the Lead Pastor to mobilize and equip our people to impact our broader community in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Beliefs of UBC. This will include the creation of innovative experiences that engage both the internal and external community in culturally relevant ways, to draw people to Christ and help participants on their faith journey.
Please see our website for the full job posting: https://uxbridgebaptist.com/employment-opportunities/
Overview of Church and Community
Uxbridge Baptist Church (UBC) is a dynamic, midsized, evangelical church, located in Uxbridge, Ontario. Our church is well known in our community, having been established over 160 years ago, and located at its current address in the West end of town, almost 60 years ago. For further information see www.uxbridgebaptist.com.
Uxbridge, a town of 11,000 people located 64 km northeast of Toronto, has much to offer by way of recreation, entertainment, heritage and culture, a thriving arts community and beautiful surrounding landscapes. Uxbridge fondly refers to itself as “The Trail Capital of Canada.” For more information about our town see: https://discoveruxbridge.ca/about-uxbridge/
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
Our Mission is “Loving God, Loving Others; Sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with the World.”
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Passion for Christ and for His Word and a daily pursuit of a Christ-centered life;
- Meets the ministry requirements found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 4:12-16; and 2 Timothy 4:1-5; Titus 1:6-9;
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a pastor;
- Commitment to continued Christian education;
- Commitment to complete the CBOQ licensure or ordination process;
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Experience with various technologies for communication (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Zoom, YouTube posting and access);
- Proven skills as both a team leader and team member;
- Previous accountability within a Bible believing church;
- A valid driver’s license.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develops strategies to connect with those who are not regular worship attendees and seek to welcome them into the life of our church;
- Develops and supports a process of introducing people to the identity, beliefs, and ministries of our church;
- Supports our small group strategy to help engage both newcomers and other interested individuals to experience Christian community and spiritual growth;
- Helps people discover their spiritual gifts and to use these gifts in the life of our church;
- Organizes and/or supports outreach events (e.g., Alpha, Living Nativity, Merry Little Christmas, community church services);
- Supports ministries that respond to needs in our community. (e.g. Sunrise, Celebrate Recovery, Divorce Care, Grief Share);
- Supports the children’s ministries at UBC;
- Provides occasional preaching, teaching and other pastoral duties as assigned;
- Functions as a member of the staff team;
- Takes responsibility for relevant administrative functions (e.g. prepares reports for Council, scheduling, budgeting and financial management, Committee membership).
- Experience with event planning;
- Experience with ministering to seniors;
- Experience with ministering to children;
- Experience with ProPresenter;
- Experience with outreach via social media.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
Uxbridge Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.