To minister to students with the goal of building disciples for Christ, equipping them to embody the gospel through word, actions and deeds. Special attention and effort are required to be put in for the Cantonese and Mandarin speaking students.
Overview of Church and Community
Logos Baptist Church (Milliken) or LBCM is a bi-literate and trilingual church with three congregations, namely Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
To obey the Great Commandment and the Great Commission through bearing witness to the Word, planting new churches, and proclaiming that Jesus Christ is God and Lord of all.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Graduate from a recognized theological institution with a minimum of Bachelor of Religious Education.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop vision and minister to the spiritual needs of young people within our current Youth Ministry:
- Actively participate in outreaching of students in and around our community/campuses/schools.
- Intentionally connect with students through various channels (social media, face to face, etc.).
- Oversee and provide leadership in youth group(s)/fellowships.
- Participate in planning for youth outreach initiatives.
- Engage in discipling students, training them to become faithful follows of Christ.
- Preach and Communicate God’s Word
- Teach Sunday school
- Recruit, develop, guide and supervise volunteers for YM
- Work collaboratively with the English Youth Pastor
- Build and establish good relationship with young people and their parents
- Motivate young people and grow them to become Christ-like persons and leaders in the church and society
- Develop appropriately and monitor plans and schedules for the meetings and various programs
- Preaching in other Congregations as required
- Maintain normal office hours
- Observe and abide by Church rules and policy
Fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin, fluent in English an asset.
Experience serving in a tri-lingual church an asset.
Please submit Resume to email@example.com, attention: Edwin Siu, Chairperson, Board of Directors.
Logos Baptist Church (Milliken) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.