General Pastoral Duties
Overview of Church and Community
Markham Chinese Baptist Church (MCBC) currently has a team of 8 pastoral staff and about 1000 regular congregants. The Cantonese Division has a regular attendance of about 560 people of diverse age groups.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ.
- Theological education: Graduated from accredited and recognized theological seminaries with minimum qualification of Master of Divinity degree.
- 5 years Pastoral experience in North America.
- Speak fluent Cantonese and English. Mandarin is an asset.
- Be a team player to co-work with other Cantonese Pastors to nurture and minister the Cantonese congregation and cooperate with other Division Pastors to shepherd the whole Church.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with church leaders to recruit, train, coach and support related ministry leaders.
- Serve as Mentor to the assigned Small Groups, shepherd Small Group Leaders, visit those groups on a regular basis and offer support and realistic help to them.
- Assist in the routine operation and development of the Small Group Shepherding Platform.
- Participate in pulpit ministry, teaching ministry and prayer ministry as designated and/or
- Provide support, visitation and pastoral counseling to related leaders and members as needed.
- Attend meetings of related ministry including Pastoral Staff meeting, Council meeting, Board of Pastors and Deacons meeting, Members meeting, Cantonese Division meeting etc. as required.
Report on ministry progress on a regular basis to the Cantonese Lead Pastor/Senior Pastor.
Name: Deaconess Annie Lau
Phone number: 905-887-6222
9580 Woodbine Ave