The CB National Convenor, will facilitate collaboration between the seven Canadian Baptist Partners; Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada, French Baptist Union, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec, Canadian Baptists of Western Canada, Canadian Baptist Ministries, Atlantic Baptist Women, and Canadian Baptist Women of Ontario and Quebec, and other key stakeholders and affiliates. The national convenor will also serve as a coordinator of national gatherings among Canadian Baptists which may include regional staff gatherings, Canadian Baptist theological education institutions, or national, public gatherings of Canadian Baptists.
Role and Responsibilities
Start Date: February 12, 2024
Location: Fully remote
Position Type: Part-time, 0.3 FTE
Contract: 2-year contract
Status: Must be legally authorized to work in Canada; we are not in the position to support a work permit process for any applicant outside of Canada.
The National Convenor will be accountable to the Canadian Baptist Executive Directors of the seven Canadian Baptist Partners. The National Convenor will report annually to each of the seven Canadian Baptist Boards through a written or verbal, in-person report (upon invitation).
1. Seven Canadian Baptist Partners’ Executive Ministers/Directors
- To glorify God and to advance the Gospel mission of our Canadian Baptist family.
- The National Convenor is responsible to support, champion, and advocate for the vision and missions of the participating Canadian Baptist Partners and work to further the Ends as stated in the Crieff Covenant.
- Facilitate collaborative national initiatives among the Canadian Baptist Partners.
- Convene conversations for initiative-specific, or affinity-specific groupings of Canadian Baptists (i.e. regional staff, theological educators, shared services platforms, etc.).
- In a consulting capacity, provide support and encouragement to the EDs/Ems.
- The national convenor will attend (as can be afforded) each convention and union annual meeting/assembly where possible for networking and relationship building.
Personal and Leadership Style
- Demonstrates a close, vibrant, personal walk with Jesus Christ.
- Good role model in ministry and in family and community life.
- Proven visionary leader.
- An ability to network across the Canadian Baptist community across the country.
- Enthusiastic encourager with a passion for mission and evangelism.
- Collaborative and relational team player.
- In good standing and able to develop trust with leaders of Canadian Baptist organizations.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work with a variety of theological perspectives without compromising his/her integrity.
- Sense of humour.
- Able to juggle a variety of diverse tasks with the ability to set appropriate priorities.
- Active member of a Canadian Baptist church.
- Good understanding of the Canadian Baptist family and relationships.
- Committed to ongoing learning.
- Proven administrator with excellent relational skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage the diverse demands of the position.
- A person who will persevere and who is able to find creative solutions to issues which may arise.
- Effective writing and speaking skills.
- Fluency in French and English preferred.
- Able to develop creative and entrepreneurial approach to achieve objectives.
- Able and willing to travel within Canada.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com by Monday, December 11, 2023.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.