To minister to Cantonese-speaking congregation with the goal of building disciples for Christ, equipping them to embody the gospel through word, actions and deeds. Special attention and caring to be given for adults and families.
Overview of Church and Community
Logos Baptist Church (Milliken) or LBCM is a bi-literate and trilingual church with three congregations, namely Cantonese, Mandarin and English.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduate from a recognized theological institution with a minimum of Master of Theological Studies.
- Experience in ministering to adults and families, preferably in North American churches.
- Strong in Christian counseling
- Has a heart in outreaching, initiative and caring with a pastoral heart.
- Fluent in Cantonese and English, fluent in Mandarin an asset.
- Experience serving in a tri-lingual church an asset.
Role and Responsibilities
Adults and Families
- Develop vision and minister to the spiritual and physical/emotional needs of young adults and families:
- Develop an understanding of the needs of the congregation of this life stage.
- Intentionally connect with the group through various channels (social media, face to face, etc.).
- Provide leadership in ministering to this group of congregation.
- Engage in discipling adults and families, training them to becoming faithful followers of Christ.
- Ability to preach and communicate God’s word to congregants of this generation.
- Participate in teaching Sunday School
- Develop appropriately and monitor plans and schedules for the meetings and various programs
- Preach in other Congregations as required
- Maintain normal office hours
- Observe and abide by Church’s faith, rules and policy
Please submit your application to:
Deacon Edwin Siu
Chairperson of the Board of Deacons
Logos Baptist Church (Milliken) welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.