We are a tri-congregational evangelical church seeking a Senior Pastor with honesty and integrity, who genuinely cares for the church, upholds the importance of understanding the Bible, and desires to share their passion in Christ. Our church is looking for a leader who is called by the Holy Spirit to care for the church and to oversee all the ministries with a pastoral team and other church leaders.
Overview of Church and Community
Established 1975, Montreal Chinese Baptist Church (MCBC) is in Downtown Montreal, just North of the Chinatown and east of McGill University, we have been a hub for students attending universities nearby. In the early 90’s, MCBC had a church-planting vision. It materialized in 1997 when the Montreal City West Baptist Church was planted in Ville Saint-Laurent.
Currently, MCBC has an estimated 200 members within 3 different language specific congregations (English, Mandarin and Cantonese). Members of the congregations are predominately Chinese immigrants and their descendants. All 3 congregations share a unified leadership board, but each has its own committee overseeing its Sunday school, worship ministry, evangelism, fellowship and caring ministry. Similarly, each congregation has its own worship service and Sunday school. The children ministry is jointly organized by all 3 congregations.
Our mission is to first ensure we follow Jesus, so we can be a vehicle to help other people in Montreal (and beyond) to know Jesus, and then to become his followers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduated from accredited and recognized theological seminaries with a master’s degree in divinity (MDiv) or similar.
- A doctoral degree is an asset.
- 5 years or more of pastoral experience in a church setting.
- Working level of English and Cantonese. Able to communicate in Mandarin.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preach in the weekly Sunday service.
- To ensure that the congregants are well cared for by different existing ministries / pastors.
- To provide counselling and conduct visitation of church attendees as needed.
- Attend regular meetings of the Board of Deacons, and of other committees as necessary.
- Details will be further discussed during interviews.
- Value teamwork and have leadership and communication skills.
- Able to communicate the Gospel to people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Approachable. Able to motivate / enable others and to handle relational issues.
- Uphold the importance of teaching and preaching. Have the ability to teach others how to understand the Bible.
Please contact Janet Li and Kin Li at email@example.com