- Work with Church leaders to carry out the ministering of the congregation and reach out to the community
- Encourage us to grow in our faith, and in our mission.
Overview of Church and Community
- Established in 1872, Central Baptist Church is situated in the City of Sarnia. The city has a population of approximately 75,000 people, and is a border city to the United States. Of the Canadian cities located along the shores of Lake Huron, Sarnia is the largest.
- Central Baptist is a multi-generational church. We come from diverse church backgrounds. We worship the Lord together, and learn from his Word.
- Our services are a mix of traditional and contemporary worship, with times of prayer, scripture, music and preaching.
- In addition to our Sunday morning service, we have a variety of ongoing ministries including Kids Konnection, Nursery, Bible studies, prayer groups, Women's groups, Men’s Breakfast Group, breakfast program with a local school, Habitat for Humanity Volunteers. We are planning to re-establish an active Youth Program.
Church Purpose | Mission Statement
We are a growing community of Christians serving God locally and globally.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Master of Divinity or the equivalent, and at least 5 years of leadership experience in Pastoral Ministry.
- A commitment to CBOQ Accreditation. Central Baptist belongs to the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec family of churches (CBOQ). The CBOQ has roughly 340 churches across Ontario and Quebec. You can find more info here: Baptist.ca
- Candidate to proceed toward Ordination, if they have not already done so.
Role and Responsibilities
- Shepherd the congregation through preaching the Word of God, through praying for the Church and community.
- Oversee pastoral care of the congregation, including hospital visitation and home visits.
- Counselling upon request.
- Provide ministry for marriages, funerals, & other special services and occasions.
- Work with Church Council & Ministries as they give leadership for the congregation.
- Seek to reach the unchurched in our community.
- Encourage all to grow in their relationship, commitment, and service to Jesus Christ.
- Good communication – Relating and engaging well with various age groups, within the church and the community.
- A strong emphasis on teamwork and empowering others.
- Ability to explain and apply Scripture – showing it to be relevant to our daily living.
- Good listening and motivational skills.
Please : submit resume to Marie Diemer - email@example.com
Central Baptist church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.