The Emerging Generation Pastor will be a champion for the children, youth, young adults and their families as a part of the whole of the community and ministry of Grace Memorial Baptist. This pastor will give leadership, encouragement, vision and oversight to the various ministries related to the position.
Overview of Church and Community
Grace Memorial is both a multigenerational and multicultural congregation where we seek to work, learn, and grow together in fostering closer relationships with God. We believe God has planted a dream for this congregation to be transformed by Him into a community of grace reflecting the biblical image of a multitude from every nation, tribe, people and language seeking God as one. (Revelation 7:9). We believe Grace can be a beacon in the city, so that no matter where they have come from, who they are, or what they have experienced, people will find in Grace a safe place to meet Jesus, develop meaningful relationships with people of faith, and come into a life-giving relationship with God.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Follower of Jesus
- Evidence of a personal relationship and commitment to Christ.
- Demonstrates spiritual maturity, godly character, and a consistent walk with Christ.
- Life long learner with a good knowledge of Scripture and strong theological foundation which guides life and decisions.
- Demonstrates spiritual leadership which empowers and encourages others.
- Collaborative, team player who gets along well with others.
- Able to communicate effectively one on one, as well as in small and large group settings.
- Respected by and respectful of both other Christians and non-Christians.
- Intercultural and intergenerational understanding and competence.
- Demonstrates healthy family and interpersonal relationships.
- Organized and self-motivated with a strong work and leisure ethic and balance.
- Wise in the use of social media, representing church and faith honorably online.
Role and Responsibilities
- Align Ministries
- To develop and implement a unified ministry plan across children, youth and young adult ministries in line with the church’s vision.
- To foster unity and cooperation between leaders in children, youth and young adult ministries, meeting with the teams to develop and evaluate goals and strategies.
- To nurture smooth transitions for young people as they grow through various ministries.
- Develop Leaders
- Give oversight to the formation of leaders in the emerging generation ministries.
- Coach and mentor ministry leaders to develop knowledge, character and skills needed to lead their leaders and ministries.
- Model good leadership and a commitment to life-long learning and discipleship.
- Assist leaders in whatever way is needed to ensure success and a joy in fulfilling God’s calling to them.
- Influence Discipleship
- Connect children, youth and young adults with the whole message of the Gospel through relevant engaging, and memorable communications and experiences.
- Create opportunities for children, youth and young adults to serve and participate in ministry locally and globally
- Partner with Parents •
- Support and resource parents in the task of raising children of faith.
- Engage parents to have a positive influence in the spiritual development of their children.
- Provide pastoral care for children, youth, young adults and their families.
- Champion People
- Advocate for children, youth and young adults to have a significant and meaningful place within the Grace community.
- Lead the emerging generation ministries to be a blessing to all generations within the Grace community.
- Seek meaningful ways to engage interaction and relationship building between all generations.
- Create Safe Environment
- Ensure a safe and caring environment where children, youth and young adults can explore faith and growth spiritually.
- Ensure the Plan to Protect policy remains current and adhered to.
- Contribute to Community
- Participate within the Grace community as a pastoral leader.
- Be a supportive and encouraging presence as part of the staff and team of Grace.
- Share in pastoral roles including being a voice in decision making and planning processes, assisting in common projects and initiatives, and being part of the rotation of worship speakers.
- The Emerging Generation Pastor is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- The Emerging Generation Pastor is a member of the ministry staff/team.
- The Emerging Generation Pastor acts as the Coordinator for the Discipleship Ministry Team.
- The Emerging Generation Pastor gives oversight and holds accountable the paid and voluntary staff of the children and youth and young adult ministries.
- Accreditation by, or willingness to enter the process to be accredited by, the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada Board of Ministerial Standards and Education.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Administrative and organizational skills.
Please send application to Kate Thompson, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com. Please indicate which position you are applying for.
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications on June 12, 2021. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Grace Memorial Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.