Overview of Church and Community
Central Baptist has existed for over 65 years in Oakville. Last year, beginning with the hire of our new lead pastor, we have begun the process of developing a new vision and strategic plan that will result in Central experiencing growth and engage our local community. We have an English congregation of approximately 60 people, and a Portuguese congregation of similar size. Our partnership with Kerr Street Mission has provided a strong collaboration to impact our community for Christ.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Demonstrates an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ
- Professional certification in youth ministry or 3+ years of experience in the area of youth ministry is preferred
Role and Responsibilities
The chosen candidate will divide their time between both organizations spending half their time in the role of “Youth Pastor” for Central Baptist Church and the other half of their time as a Community Youth Worker at KSM providing oversight to the development of a youth ministry/program that will help students grow and develop. The ideal candidate is someone who has a desire to be a missionary to the local community, and a spiritual mentor to the younger generation.
This leader will work to build bridges of friendship, to earn the trust and respect of the youth from within the community regardless of race, religious beliefs or backgrounds. They will be working to serve by communicating God's love and the Christian message in tangible practical ways that youth can understand and relate to. The individual will provide general program assistance to Kerr Street Mission’s youth development program and give specific oversight to sports and elements of its drop-in programming. As the leader of the youth ministry at Central Baptist, they will oversee the development of a robust youth ministry for teenagers. Together this full-time job will bring the local church and an outreach focus into the local community.
- An evident calling for care and leadership of young people
- A self-starter with initiative and able to work within a team-based environment
- Ability to actively participate in athletic programming
- Experience in youth worship culture an asset
- Good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, computer skills and proficiency with social media and trends.
Send resume including cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to include any online links of yourself involved in youth ministry, that you think would be beneficial.
Central Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.