We are looking for an Associate Slavic Pastor for Grace Baptist Church. They will share in the general ministry along with the Senior Pastor with preaching and teaching. Position may be full time or part time.
Overview of Church and Community
Associate Pastor of Grace Baptist Church is leaving to the mission field and we are seeking to fill his position. Grace Baptist Church is a member of the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec with approximately 140 members attending weekly. The congregation is made up of many diverse ethnic backgrounds and our primary service is held in English every Sunday at 11AM. Slovak service is held at 9:45 am each Sunday, in addition to the weekly English service. Grace Baptist Church is located in Canada's southernmost city, Windsor, Ontario, which sits on the Detroit River and Lake St Clair. It is a diverse, multicultural and vibrant border city with a population of about 220,000.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The position requires a person with theological training from an accredited seminary or equivalent. The candidate should fully support our Baptist convictions and our congregations desire to empower every member of the congregation for mission and ministry.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preach in weekly Sunday morning service and lead midweek Bible
- Counselling and visitation of church attendees as needed
- Attend regular meetings of the Deacons Board and other boards as appropriate.
- Has a comprehensive view of Biblical truth
- Strong preacher, able to make the gospel plain, clear and relevant to everyday
- Able to communicate the gospel to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Outgoing with involvement in community outreach
- Skilled in motivating and enabling people to explore new possibilities
- Able to counsel people facing problems or decisions
- Relates well with youth and able to communicate with them
- Comfortable using Social Media
Eligible and willing candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with their resume and cover letter.
Grace Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.