- This event has passed.
Small Group Training
February 8 @ 8:45 am - 1:00 pm
Spiritual Practices for Groups
Saturday, February 8, 8:45 am – 1pm
Do spiritual practices have anything to do with small groups? Spiritual disciplines have often been looked at as simply private devotions. Though spiritual practices are essential for spiritual transformation, when is the last time someone taught you how to pray, hear God, meditate on God’s Word? We learn how to practice the spiritual disciplines in community. For this session, we will explore the meaning of the disciplines, explore some disciplines in community.
- Paul Lam, Church Life and Leadership Associate, CBOQ
- Sheldon Dyck, Associate Pastor, Mississauga City Baptist Church
Cost: $15 (includes lunch and training materials)
- 8:45 Registration
- 9:00 Introduction
- 9:15 Spiritual Formation in the Church – Paul Lam
- 10:00 The Spiritual Practice of Listening – Sheldon Dyck
- 11:00 Spiritual Practices and Group Reflection – Dennis Funk
- 12:00 Lunch and Small Group Interaction
- 12:45-1pm Blessing and Send-Off