The successful candidate will be passionate about Jesus and motivated to engage people on a personal level as well as facilitate the experience of worship by church members and visitors. They will be proficient in an instrument and able to lead both contemporary and traditional music, but most importantly, they will cultivate a meaningful worship experience that is grounded upon an understanding of Scripture and celebrates the spiritual gifts of the congregation.
Overview of Church and Community
Agincourt Baptist Church is a CBOQ church in Scarborough ON with a multi-ethnic and multi-generational worship service. We have about sixty active members and a current board of six Deacons. There are two pastors currently on staff, and we are looking to hire a worship pastor for 20 hours a week to lead our congregation in weekly worship and disciple a worship team. This position is integral in our goal of growing our membership to 150 in five years.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Two or more years of experience in church or related environment. A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve through the church
Role and Responsibilities
Aspects of the job will include:
- Providing participatory leadership to the music ministry at ABC, specifically on Sunday mornings, but also for evening services, special events, retreats, etc.
- Praying for and investing toward the spiritual growth of our congregation in partnership with the Board and other staff.
- Recruiting and co-ordinating volunteers for the worship team
- Supporting the worship team members in the development of their craft
- Discipling worship team members in their walk with Jesus
- Worship service planning and creative elements in partnership with other staff
- Knowledge of audio visual and sound system including trouble shooting
- Working with a team as well as completing tasks and projects independently
- Hours include attendance at a weekly planning meeting on Tuesday mornings and biweekly staff fellowship on Friday mornings
- Co-operation between staff is integral to our success, not to mention our working environment! We are looking for a team member who will take pride and ownership in their work, give and receive feedback and work towards personal development in this position.
- This position is expected to fill 20 hours per week.
E-mail resume to: email@example.com by July 28, 2017.
Agincourt Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.