Atlantic Community Church is seeking a full time Senior Pastor to lead their congregation.
Overview of Church and Community
Atlantic Community Church Inc. http://www.accweb.ca/ (formerly Apohaqui Community Church) has been in existence since 1873. ACC had been the local Baptist church in a rural community about 40 minutes from the nearest city. Apohaqui — the village’s name means “where two rivers meet” — has a population of approximately 250. ACC is a member church of the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada.
In 1996, with only a remaining core of six church members, they started the process of rebuilding. From those first few members they made the most of it by inviting in other people from the surrounding community. Their ranks swelled to a couple dozen by the time they started meeting in an elementary school. Today they draw 350 – 450 worshippers each weekend, meeting in two locations (Apohaqui, NB and Hampton, NB). These worshippers come from the local town of Sussex and the surrounding areas.
Sussex is a community of approximately 4,500 people with lots of amenities (such as… hockey rink, golf course, schools, shopping, down-hill skiing, community pool). To discover more information about our area, please check out the town website at www.sussex.ca.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Accredited Ordained with the CABC or affiliate
Role and Responsibilities
Vision Development & Oversight:
- ALL IN Vision Oversight and development for Atlantic Community Church.
- Developing clear vision or end-goal plans with Pastors and Elders that lead ACC towards our ALLIN Vision.
- Provide Leadership energy and be the “face” of the sites.
- Weekly Sunday morning service oversight – in conjunction with worship pastor.
- Lead with Elders and serve as an Elder.
- Liaise with Hampton Lead Pastor to develop site-specific vision implementation plans.
- Oversight of ministry staff.
- Oversight of special events in the Christian calendar – Christmas and Easter plans and initiatives.
- Oversight of ACC budget lines with staff.
- Lead full staff meetings.
- Sunday presence/involvement/connecting/preaching at the two sites Apohaqui and Hamptonbut with approximately ¾ time spent at Apohaqui.
- Preparation of preaching series/preaching schedule development – Working with other sitespastor to determine specific joint preaching topics throughout the year.
- Distributing preaching schedule to all staff and communicating it clearly to necessary volunteers.
- Regular individual meetings with all staff (twice per month).
- Regular meetings/mentoring with Lead Pastor (bi-weekly).
- Overall “pastoring” and encouraging of ALL staff.
- LifeBuilders Board and Ministry - Liaise with Lead Pastors regarding plans and initiatives ofLifeBuilders service in our community.
- Developing strategic goals with staff.
- ACC Congregational letters; ACC e.news; Emails, connecting, phone calls, etc.
- Communication through ACC e.news and Emails as it relates to both ACC sites as a whole.
- Elder meetings; Board meetings.
- Planning for regular baptisms.
- Receiving new members.
- Determining cancellations of Sunday morning worship at Apohaqui site (snowstorms)
- Overseeing ACC calendar of events.
- Overseeing staff time off and vacation.
- Overseeing the Apohaqui
To apply for this positon email your resume, cover letter and philosophy of ministry statement, sermon recording and references to Susan Cunningham, Chair of the Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those wishing to mail:
Atlantic Community Church Inc.
78 Route 880
Apohaqui, NB E5P 3G2
Attention: Pastoral Search Committee