CBM is seeking for a Regional Representative – Western Canada to work in the Canadian Partnerships Department, reporting to the Director, Canadian Partnerships (CP). This ministry position is intended to strengthen CBM’s relationships with churches and individuals in their understanding and practice of God’s call on the church to make global disciples.
The CBM Regional Representative will build and nurture relationships with individual supporters and church leaders through providing information on programs and issues, conducting workshops, public speaking, participating in planning meetings and facilitating global discipleship initiatives. A primary focus will be in encouraging generosity and raising funds for CBM’s global programs.
Overview of Church and Community
Canadian Baptist Ministries’ (CBM) goal is to encourage passionate discipleship in local and global mission. Through the support of Canadian Baptist conventions and unions, CBM exists to serve local churches in their mission efforts. CBM works strategically with and through a network of partners in 13 priority fields in such ministries as sustainable community development, grassroots leadership formation, global discipleship, and pioneer outreach.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see www.cbmin.org).
- Willing to sign off on CBM’s Lifestyle Agreement & Child Protection Policy.
- Active member of a Baptist Church of the CBWC, CBOQ, CABC or UBFC.
- Passionate commitment to the role of the local church as God’s agent of mission
- Articulated understanding of the church’s role in mission both locally and globally
- 3- 5 years successful experience in relational marketing and fundraising will be considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated effectiveness in church leadership at a lay or pastoral level
- Demonstrated exceptional relationship building skills with a wide range of stakeholders including different generations, cultural groups, levels of church leadership
- Excellent skills in listening and assessing needs of stakeholders and opportunities to add value
- Dynamic public speaker, able to inspire passion and energize others
- Proactive in initiating contacts and nurturing strong relationships; able to build trust easily
- Able to prioritize and independently plan work to maximize impact of regional travel
- Committed team player, flexible and responsive to assist team in meeting its overall goals
- Teachable: willing to learn new skills and to be mentored
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Windows environment
- Must live close to a major airport. Able and willing to travel extensively within region; able and willing to travel nationally and internationally as requested.
- This position is based in Western Canada.
Role and Responsibilities
Relationships with Individuals:
- Build effective long term relationships with donors with the goal of increase donor engagement with CBM.
- Introduce CBM’s work to new individuals with the goal of engaging their support.
- Work with departmental Manager to develop an effective donor treatment plan
Relationships with churches
- Strengthen CBM’s relationships with churches in Western Canada
- Facilitate workshops and seminars related to the themes of integral mission and the witness of the local church (local and global)
- Promote understanding and commitment to CBM’s mission endeavours through preaching, teaching, and presentations to congregations, mission committees, women’s groups, and youth events
- Act as CBM’s representative for regional gatherings and other events as requested
- Promote CBM’s programs to prospective churches, including providing orientation and debriefings to STM participants
- Provide support in promoting CBM fundraising campaigns to churches in the West
- Assess and advise the Director, CP regarding the interest of pastors/congregational leaders in visiting overseas partners, and the general need for further resources.
- Act as a liaison and catalyst with assigned churches to host events such as town hall meetings and workshops to which other churches would be invited.
- Consistently inform and update the Director on progress toward outcomes.
- Participate in regular conference calls with the Director and other regional Representatives
- Participate in planning and training meetings at least once a year in Mississauga
- Maintain records of contacts and interactions within the CBM CRM system
- Participate in planning and take the lead in providing logistical support for regional denominational gatherings and special events
- Prospect for companies that are interested in participating in CBM’s corporate program
- Develop an awareness of Foundations within and outside the Baptist constituency and build relationships with those who manage the Foundations’ donations to explore areas of potential interest.
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will be held open until August 31, 2017 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.