The Pastor of Youth and Children’s Ministries will be responsible for ministries of children and youth from birth to Grade 12 and their families and will report directly to the senior pastor. This is a relational ministry position and priority must be placed on building healthy relationships amongst children, youth, parents and staff. This position requires someone who enjoys seeing others succeed and grow in their leadership abilities. The Pastor of Youth & Children must first be an equipper, and secondly a doer.
Overview of Church and Community
West End Baptist Church is a friendly, family orientated, multicultural community of believers who live in and around St. John’s Newfoundland Labrador. With over 200 regular attenders from all points of the globe and all walks of life, we are a group of people who are growing in Christ within this community of faith. God’s love for us motivates us to show the love of Jesus Christ to those we meet. For more information please visit our website: www.westendbaptistchurch.ca
St. John’s, Newfoundland: Take a palette of many colours, find a canvas as big as all of the outdoors and paint a picture of St. John’s - an unforgettable place to visit and a truly remarkable place to live. The capital city of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, St. John’s (population approx.. 200,000) is one of the most exciting, distinct, natural and livable cities in Canada. St. John’s offers all the amenities of the greater Canadian community with a distinct Newfoundland flavour. Easy access to nature and trail networks is a tremendous lifestyle asset and the city’s rich history and arts and cultural community adds great vitality and spirit to the city. For more information visit: www.stjohns.ca
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams
- Ability to connect relationally with parents, youth and children
- Good teaching ability and communication skills
- In-depth biblical knowledge
- Ability to work closely with other Staff, Boards and Ministry Coordinators to see that our objectives are accomplished
- Experience in Camp Ministry would be an asset
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
- A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience & passion in Youth & Children’s ministry preferred
- Seminary degree preferred or on track toward. Other qualifications and training will be considered
Role and Responsibilities
- Build a discipling culture among Children, Youth, Parents and Leaders
- Recruiting and equipping a team of volunteers in Youth and Children’s Ministries that leads to sustainability in these ministry areas (not dependent on paid staff).
- Create a safe environment for Children and Youth that encourages growth in spiritual maturity.
- Encourage and equip parents in their role as primary disciplers of their children with the value of “Faith at Home”. Support them in teaching and mentoring their children in a life of following Christ.
- Develop a Student Leadership Team who will be equipped to lead and make disciples of their peers.
- Integrate Youth and Children into the larger church community. Help foster an “extended family” atmosphere where all ages are valued and contribute.
- Support and oversee the Director of the Newfoundland Adventure Camp and maintain an active role in camp ministry
- Involvement in the community, seeking out relationships with those who do not know Christ. Modeling a missional lifestyle
- A mature relationship with Jesus as Saviour and Lord
- Regular practice of spiritual disciplines with bible study being a priority
- A person of prayer
- Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit and knows how to walk in the power of the Spirit
- Strong relationship skills
- A healthy balance of work and rest in their life
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org .