We are seeking a Children Pastor or a Children’s Ministry Coordinator who has the passion to lead and care for the next generation. Our children's ministry is a dynamic and an essential part of our service to God and the community.
Overview of Church and Community
Mississauga Chinese Baptist Church is a disciple making church for Christ by reaching out to Christ seekers, nurturing one another in Christ, and being an effective witness in Mississauga. Our church community averages around 600 people each Sunday across English, Cantonese and Mandarin congregations. Our current children ministry serves about 70 children.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Love for God and has a Christ-like spirit
- Passion to reach out to children and to see families grow in their faith together
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field; training from an accredited evangelical seminary preferred. (For Children Pastor, seminary training is required. For Children’s Ministry worker, commitment to work towards further ministry/theological training is expected.)
Role and Responsibilities
The role of the Children’s Ministry Pastor/Worker is to collaborate with the pastoral and lay leadership teams to develop and oversee the children ministry. This individual will be responsible for coordinating all programs related to children (birth to 8th grade) while partnering with and equipping parents to serve and build strong Christian homes. The responsibilities will include recruiting, training volunteers for different children program, planning and coordinating children and family outreach events.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well with ministry teams
- Interested in serving across cultures
Tammy Tang, Chair, MCBC Pastoral Search Committee
Phone: 905-238-9121 Fax: 905-238-0143 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MCBC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.