MEBC is seeking an English Pastor on a contractual basis (i.e. part-time contract for 2 years) to help establish its English speaking church, Given Road Church (GRC). This pastor will be responsible to oversee the establishment of this young church while working in collaboration with MEBC pastoral leadership team.
Overview of Church and Community
MEBC is an Arabic-speaking church with a vision to reach the community around it. Part of its vision is to plant an English daughter church that will serve as a home church for its second generation as well as its surrounding community. Our English congregation primarily consists of young adults and youth, averaging about 35 individuals with a strong team of leaders.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Has formal education (has achieved or currently working toward a bachelor degree) in a field related either to religious education, missionary ministry, pastoral ministry, or youth ministry.
- Has experience serving in either a pastoral capacity, missionary role, or in a youth and/or young adult leadership role for at least 3 years.
- Able to lead and shepherd an English congregation.
- Able to challenge people spiritually and intellectually through effective preaching.
- Able to guide and lead the group in evangelism and outward ministries.
- Able to integrate within a Middle Eastern cultural context.
- Fluent in English with experience in Canadian/North American culture (i.e. lives in NA)
- Preferably married and at least in his 30s.
- Active member in a local church.
- Willing to adhere to MEBC statement of faith, constitution, and membership pledge.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Set the vision and plan to develop GRC in partnership with MEBC leaders.
2. Develop and implement GRC and its vision in partnership with GRC leaders.
3. Lead GRC spiritually and pastorally in partnership with its leaders.
4. Lead GRC evangelistic and mission vision and activities in partnership with its leaders.
5. Lead GRC young adults, youth, and pre-teen ministries and programs in partnership with their leaders.
6. Recruit, train, and mentor leaders to work in GRC ministries.
7. Network with other local pastors and young adults and youth leaders.
8. Provide spiritual care for the families of GRC congregants in collaboration with MEBC leadership.
9. Responsible to preach and teach God’s word.
10. Attend periodic meetings with MEBC leadership team and with GRC leaders.
Email your resume to Pastor Ashoor Yousif (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Middle East Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.