CBM is seeking a Content Management Assistant to work in the Communications Department, reporting to the Digital Media Specialist. As a Content Management Assistant you will be part of our Communications team, where you will assist in the development and implementation of content onto various communication platforms. This may involve working with our graphic designer, media specialist and marketing team to produce layouts that are compatible with CBM standards. You will be involved in assisting with communicating the compelling stories about the work we do globally to all of our constituents and external partners.
This internship is intended to give you practical, real world experience that sets you up for a career in communications, digital media or a non-profit charity organization. You will learn by getting involved in real projects, experimenting, participating in implementing innovative ideas and assisting with bringing them to life while being coached and receiving ongoing support from seasoned mentors.
Overview of Church and Community
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in areas such as Children & Youth at-Risk, Church Planting & Evangelism, Food & Community Development, AIDS & Health Care, Training Leaders, Peace, Justice & Reconciliation, Strengthening Partners, and Crisis Response.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate program majoring in Communication Studies, Marketing, Business Technology Management, or related programs
- Basic understanding of content management system (CMS) specifically WordPress CMS
- Experience in front-end design and implementation with various design tools from concept to full html build out (specifically Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Dreamweaver and Illustrator).
- Strong communication skills – must be comfortable asking questions, giving/receiving constructive feedback, sharing new ideas, and working in a team environment
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently and with others within a collaborative environment
- Ability to “think outside the box”, proactive adapt quickly and manage changing priorities
- Innovative in exploring new approaches and capable of problem-solving
- Committed to provide excellent ‘customer service’ to all stakeholders
- Willing to provide a police check.
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see www.cbmin.org)
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with content management on our websites and media assets using the Intelligence Bank digital asset management tool
- Assist with content creation and editing materials (e.g. videos), updating, and uploading materials to the website
- Manage website and communication platforms set-up
- Assist with development of long-term and day-to-day content strategy
- Engage in ad-hoc testing of the website and identify any problems
- Consult on strategic planning and technology transformation
- Track content performance across systems and report and communicate key interactions
- Work collaboratively with graphic designer and communications team to ensure that corporate brand standards are met and provide assistance with promotional and marketing strategies/seasonal project initiatives
- Provide other technical support
To be eligible, students must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2017.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.