CBM is seeking a vibrant, strategic Communications & Social Media Specialist to work in the Communications Department, reporting to the Manager, Communications. If you are passionate about the role social media plays in attracting and nurturing constituent relationships, and get excited about gaining insights from analytics, you may be the candidate we’re seeking. As a Communications & Social Media Specialist you will be part of our Communications team, to support the daily activities of the Canadian Partnerships Department by contributing to communications materials, responding to constituency inquiries, and facilitating administrative processes.
Overview of Church and Community
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in areas such as Children & Youth at-Risk, Church Planting & Evangelism, Food & Community Development, AIDS & Health Care, Training Leaders, Peace, Justice & Reconciliation, Strengthening Partners, and Crisis Response.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see www.cbmin.org)
• Willing to sign off on CBM’s Lifestyle Agreement
• Attend weekly in-house Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization
• 3-4 years’ experience in writing copy for varied sources e.g. Twitter, Facebook, newsletters
• Undergrad degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or English
• Previous experience in copy editing and proofreading is preferred
• Theological education a strong asset
• Demonstrated strong understanding of the use of social media in marketing and promotion
• Creative and innovative in presenting information to align to audience interests
• Strong ability in project management, prioritize tasks and demonstrate initiative
• Attentive to detail
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe creative suite
• 2nd language an asset
• Cross cultural experience an asset
• Familiar with Canadian Baptist Constituency an asset
Role and Responsibilities
• Oversee social media communications by developing strategy, contributing ideas, writing, and editing all postings including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, CBM Website
• Research topics and conduct interview with internal and external subject matter expertise to plan and produce high impact stories and content.
• Source background materials (project/program materials) and stories for inclusion in promotional/informational materials, draft copy as directed
• Write, proofread, and post web communications/news items
• Draft copy, proofread, edit, and coordinate the design and production of selected projects as directed
• Act as first line of contact for Canadian Partnerships department for all internal and external inquiries
• Monitor, record and oversee the distribution of communications materials
• Help with special events as requested
• Ensure successful completion of additional tasks, as assigned
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com by May 8, 2017.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.