We are seeking a student who is interested in working with children and youth at Westview Baptist Church over the summer. The position will be 35 hours per week with a planned start date of June 6th for 11 weeks.
Overview of Church and Community
Westview is located on the south-west corner of London and has an average Sunday attendance of 230. We are a church known as a very active church, we are friendly and welcoming, and are family oriented. Our mission statement is summarized as “Growing spiritually in Christ through worship, fellowship and outreach.” We have adopted a new vision to have and encourage healthy conversations about Jesus Christ within our Church and our surrounding community
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have intentions of returning to school in September and be under 30 years old
- Must have a completed Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare for, and lead one or more weeks of church summer camp
- Teach and mentor volunteers of summer activities
- Plan, assist and help with youth and children’s events, activities, and be involved in church services
- Lead discussions with youth
- Lead Sunday morning children’s classes
- Plan and lead a portion of a Sunday Service involving children and youth
- Create media presentations using video or the internet to promote children and youth activities.
- Prefer experience volunteering or working with youth or children
- Respect basic Christian principles and Westview Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and submit to the authority therein
- Prefer student who plans to, or is studying in areas relating to working with children or youth
- Prefer First Aid and CPR Training
email@example.com or 519-681-9844. Application deadline is May 15, 2017.
Westview Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.