General Pastoral duties
Overview of Church and Community
Markham Chinese Baptist Church (MCBC) currently has a team of 7 pastoral staff and about 1000 regular congregants. The Cantonese Division has a regular attendance of about 560 people of diverse age groups.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• With calling from God and with strong passion to serve in the body of Christ.
• Theological education: Graduated from accredited and recognized theological seminaries with minimum qualification of Master of Divinity degree.
• Has passion to plan and lead Caring Ministry in the Cantonese congregation.
• Pastoral experience in North America.
• Speak fluent Cantonese and English. Mandarin is an asset.
• Be a team player to co-work with other Cantonese Pastors to nurture and minister the Cantonese congregation and cooperate with other Division Pastors to shepherd the whole Church.
Role and Responsibilities
- Serve in the Caring ministry of the Cantonese Division by working through the Caring Committee to develop and implement the caring strategy, plans and activities.
- Work with church leaders to recruit, train, coach and support related ministry leaders.
- Serve as Mentor to the assigned Small Groups, shepherd Small Group Leaders, visit those groups on a regular basis and offer support and realistic help to them.
- Assist in the routine operation and development of the Small Group Shepherding Platform.
- Participate in pulpit ministry, teaching ministry and prayer ministry as designated and/or
- Provide support, visitation and pastoral counseling to related leaders and members as needed.
- Attend meetings of related ministry including Pastoral Staff meeting, Council meeting, Deacon Board meeting, Members meeting, Cantonese Division meeting etc. as required.
- Report on ministry progress on a regular basis to the Cantonese Lead Pastor/Senior Pastor.
Name: Deaconess Annie Lau
Phone number: 905-887-6222
9580 Woodbine Ave
Markham, ON, L6C 1H8
Markham Chinese Baptist Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.