The Associate Pastor of Family Ministries will develop, and provide direction and leadership for programs involving children, youth, young adults, and young families at Harmony Baptist Church. He/she will work alongside the Lead Pastor to ensure that all programs are working together towards the overall vision and mission of Harmony Baptist Church.
Overview of Church and Community
Harmony Baptist Church is located on the central mountain in the City of Hamilton, and is part of an established, but constantly expanding neighbourhood. We are a friendly, caring congregation, with a desire to reach out to the new families coming into our growing community. Presently, the practical Biblical teaching, an excellent music ministry, strong mission and outreach initiatives, neighbourhood events, and a summer children’s day camp that serves our local community as well as under-resourced families, all contribute to our vision of making it easy to find Jesus as personal Saviour.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education: Graduation from a recognized university or college, and ideally your area of study would be one of the following: Biblical studies, theology, ministry studies.
Experience: Minimum one year working with children and youth in a Christian environment. Experience working in a volunteer environment will be considered an asset.
Role and Responsibilities
• Develop and be the key leader of the youth and family ministries programs.
• Recruit, organize, train and encourage volunteers for the family and youth ministries programs.
• Develop relationships with children, youth, young adults, and young families, both within our congregation and through outreach into our community.
• Work with the Lead Pastor and lay leadership to nourish the overall health and advance the vision and mission of Harmony Baptist Church.
• Attend and contribute to ministry planning and Board of Deacons meetings as required.
• Other various duties as required.
• Ability to lead children, youth, young adults and family ministries.
• A passion for, and work experience in discipleship training and application.
• Strong collaborative skills and the ability to work efficiently, both independently and as a team member.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ministry pressures and demands.
• Ability to recruit train, and organize children, youth, young adult and family ministry volunteers.
• Strong organizational and decision-making skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Accredited or willing to become accredited with CBOQ
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harmony Baptist welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.