The purpose of the Technical Support Officer is to enhance our ministries through the effective application of computer hardware and software systems, and management of the data network. This position works closely with ministry leaders, AV and Infrastructure specialist, administration team, and reports directly to the Administration Manager.
SCBC seeks a Technical Support Officer to oversee the acquisition, development and support of various software and IT related systems. SCBC has numerous hardware/software systems that include our website, Internet access and firewall, financial system, room booking system, children sign-in/out system, membership system; all require maintenance, upgrades and/or replacement. You will be responsible for auditing our existing systems ensuring that they meet our user and security requirements. You will work with various ministries to identify their needs, collaborate with AV & Infrastructure Specialist to determine the best software/hardware solution and its implementation.
Overview of Church and Community
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church (SCBC) is an evangelical church with three congregations: Cantonese, English, and Mandarin, with a combined weekly attendance of approximately 1,900. We are strategically located in the Greater Toronto Area which is one of the most dynamic and multicultural area in North America.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Must have excellent communicate skills in English and Chinese (both oral and written form)
• Strong team player and interpersonal skills.
• Project management skills.
• An undergraduate degree or any combination of education and training equivalent to a degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas.
• Excellent understanding of Internet technologies, web development and integration, business IT systems, E-mail systems, operating systems, database systems, office applications, social media and media delivery systems, and network infrastructure.
• Ability to analyze complex problems and provide cost effective solutions.
• Troubleshoot and resolve software problems.
• Possess creative graphic design skillset for presentation, promotion and marketing would be an asset.
• Spiritually mature believer in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ with a passion for the local church and the wider kingdom of God.
Role and Responsibilities
• Manage and oversee SCBC application systems, software and user licenses, maintain
software upgrades and enhancements, ensuring all systems are fully operational.
• Audit and document system specifications, system configurations, security and user
• Manage website integration, design and development, maintenance and upgrades, and
provide scheduled data/information/file uploads.
• Develop and manage on-line donation webpage design and PayPal’s report for
• Manage and oversee database maintenance, inventory and data entry and archiving.
• Manage network security. Implement and monitor security systems and firewall to
protect our digital infrastructure from outside hackers and malware or viruses.
Safeguard the network/Internet access from inappropriate use. Manage system access
policies for staff members, users and volunteers.
• Conduct scheduled audits of digital infrastructure. Report on the status of the various
systems within our digital infrastructure and to provide recommendations for upkeep,
upgrade or replacement.
• Coordinate with pastors and ministry leaders to ensure latest ministry information are
updated on all media source including but not exclusive to SCBC websites, Fellowship
Hall projections and Digital Display Sign.
• Edit audio and video recordings from Sunday school, worship sermons and special
events for uploading to SCBC websites.
• Assist in creating PowerPoint presentations for sermon series, special events, and any
church wide events.
• Work with various ministries to identify user needs; collaborate with IT /computer team to provide a solutions and implementation plan.
• Recruit and coach volunteers to assist in the development and maintenance of various
• Manage and execute end user/volunteers training. Prepare training documents and
schedule training sessions for staff and users.
• Any other computer, software application and technical support tasks assigned by
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter expressing your interest in the position, along with a resume.
This should not exceed four (4) pages combined. Combine both items into one PDF document,
named as follows : Last Name_First Name_Technical Support Officer
Applications will be accepted via email to email@example.com and must be submitted on or before
5 pm April 21st, 2017.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment
process please contact Philip at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We appreciate your interest in this position, but only those selected for further
consideration will be contacted.
• Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis. Applicants are advised that the
position may be awarded in advance of the April 21st, 2017 application deadline; please
apply at your earliest convenience.
• Applications will be kept on file confidentially for a period of time after the selection
process is complete.
• Misrepresentation or failure to disclose accurate information will result in your
disqualification from this or any future job selection processes.
• Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church is an equal opportunity employer and encourages
applications from qualified people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups