CBM is seeking an Expense Application Project Assistant to work in the Department of Administration, reporting to the Finance Manager.
As an Expense Application Project Assistant you will be a subject matter expert on CBM’s online expense application. Your primary responsibility will be the implementation of the training and administrative aspects of the platform to the two target groups of office and overseas staff.
This internship is intended to give you practical, real world experience that sets you up for a career in Information Technology or a non-profit charity organization. You will learn by getting involved in real projects, participating in the creation, development and implementation of new approaches and the change management associated. As you tackle this work, you will be coached and receive ongoing support from seasoned mentors.
Overview of Church and Community
CBM is a global mission organization committed to sharing God’s love through word and deed. We believe that God brings healing to a broken world through local churches. CBM works strategically alongside a network of partners in 14 priority fields, providing assistance in areas such as Children & Youth at-Risk, Church Planting & Evangelism, Food & Community Development, AIDS & Health Care, Training Leaders, Peace, Justice & Reconciliation, Strengthening Partners, and Crisis Response.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate program majoring in Commerce Studies, Business Administration or Information Technology or related programs
- Basic understanding of MS Dynamics Nav or other similar CRM software would be an asset
- Proficient skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Internet use
- Demonstrated ability in giving group presentations and/or training to a targeted audience.
- Strong communication skills – must be comfortable asking questions, giving/receiving constructive criticism, and sharing new ideas.
- Committed to providing excellent ‘customer service’ to all stakeholders
- Ability to “think outside the box”, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities
- Ability to solve problems and use sound judgement
- Solid analytical abilities, combined with being detail oriented, organized and able to track data efficiently and accurately
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently and with others
- Must accept CBM’s Core Values (see www.cbmin.org)
- Willing to provide a police check
Role and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain relevant expense application training material for the organization
- Manage and lead end-user training sessions related to the expense tool
- Monitor the back and front end of the expense platform to ensure application is running as designed
- Develop or change internal processes to allow smooth transition to new technology
- Conduct special configuration needs to support the evolving organization processes and to help automate and or streamline our existing processes.
- Conduct monthly reviews on completed pre-approved expense reports submitted by all staff to ensure all necessary fields have been completed correctly.
- Perform ongoing audits of employee role profiles within the platform, document new role requests and maintain lists of all profiles
- Assist Director of Admin, Manager Finance/Accounting and Senior Accountant on occasional special projects as requested
- Participate in weekly in-house Chapel and contribute to the overall spiritual growth of the organization
To be eligible, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com by May 1, 2017.
Thank you for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.