For over 125 years, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec have been on a journey of intentional collaboration and mutual mission as we impact our communities with the love and salvation of Jesus Christ. God has blessed our family of churches with strength, creativity and diversity. CBOQ exists to equip churches and leaders as they engage in their mission from God in their community. We look forward to the possibility of partnering with you.
Whether you are in the formative stages of organization or an existing congregation interested in learning more about what it means to be part of CBOQ, please contact us.
Melody Currier at 416-620-2959.
The Benefits of Partnership
- Shared Mission and partnership in a family of churches
- Growth of relationships between ministry leaders and between member churches that create an increased commitment to our shared goals and identity
- Consultations with churches to develop integral ministry responses in their communities
- Pastoral accreditation system for mutual benefit of churches and ministry leaders
- Training and resources for church leaders and administrators in developing functional church structures
- Retreats, events, training and resources to reach the next generation.
- Clergy care resources
- Church transformation resources
- Group benefits and pension plan for active and retired ministry professionals
- Pastoral search and placement resources
- Coaching, training and resources for mission and church planting
- Grants to churches for new ministry initiatives
- Partnership across Canada with Canadian Baptists of Western Canada, Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches and the Union d’Eglises de Baptistes, and internationally through Canadian Baptist Ministries
- Assistance with construction and renovations through a Mortgage Loan Program
The Joining Process
Step 1: Contact Melody Currier at 416-620-2959. CBOQ would like the opportunity to talk with you about who you are and who we are as a family of churches and discern together our “fit.” One of the ways we do this is talking through our Covenant Agreement together.
Step 2: Once we have together determined your congregation’s fit with CBOQ, here is a check list of documents that make up the application package:
- Your Constitution and/or By-laws – What are your church’s values and goals in mission, your covenanting principles and ministry practices? (Guide to Church Constitutions, Guide to Church Incorporation)
- Your History – How long have you been meeting? Why did you start meeting? What has led you to the point of considering joining CBOQ?
- Leadership – Please provide the names and contact information including email for your pastor(s) and Chair of Deacons/Elders, Chair of Council/Board, Treasurer, Clerk/Administrator
- Why CBOQ – We’d like a letter with a motion from your congregation indicating its desire to seek affiliation with CBOQ.
- Commitment – Signed copy of CBOQ and Church Covenant Agreement. (CBOQ Covenant Agreement)
- Your status – Copy of CRA-approved application for charitable status that indicates charitable registration number.
- Location and Contact – Where do you gather to meet? Specific address and other contact information?
- Local Association – We’d like a letter from your local Association indicating their welcome and recommendations.
- The completed application package will be reviewed by our staff and board. Once approved by the Board, all of the privileges and responsibilities of membership are in effect.
- CBOQ will invite you to the next Annual Assembly where you will be formally welcomed.