CBOQ’s Certificate Loan program provides a unique, practical opportunity to extend the kingdom of God in our member churches. Instead of leaving your investment with a bank or credit union, you can directly invest with CBOQ and support member churches that have a need for a mortgage.
Certificate Loans made to the Canadian Baptist of Ontario and Quebec assist with CBOQ’s Church Mortgage Program. Loans evidenced by promissory notes executed under CBOQ’s corporate seal may be secured:
- at any time
- in multiples of $100.00
- for a term of
- one year bearing interest at 1.25%
- two years bearing interest at 1.75%
- three years bearing interest at 2.0%
- four years bearing interest at 2.25%, or
- five years bearing interest at 3.0%
– Rates as of September 6, 2013 –
- with interest payable on the anniversary date each year
A small penalty is charged for early redemption.
At the end of the term your loan may be:
1. Renewed for a further term
3. Donated to CBOQ
In addition you may donate your interest to CBOQ.